We have just made a small plugin update to fix a couple of issues with the custom videos (thanks to Craig & Ashley for helping us with this).
We have also tweaked the style a little bit to look nicer for version 3.8.
We would like to take this opportunity again to remind our subscribers that as of WordPress 3.8 we will only be producing videos in English with the Australian, US and UK accents.
Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, French and German versions of our videos will be retired.
To make this transition as smooth as possible we will point any non-english installations for WordPress 3.8 to the 3.7 videos.
If you want to show your clients the 3.8 videos, you will need to set the language to Australian, US or UK.
We have not made this decision lightly, however the truth is there is just not enough demand to justify continuing to produce these videos.
This decision will allow us to devote our energy and resources on making the Video User Manuals plugin even better for the future.
Thanks for your continued support.
I am terribly embarrassed it has taken me over 12 months to publish this interview. Especially considering that this is my favourite interview to date (no offence to everyone else – I love you all).
The truth is we wound up this podcast in favour of the new WP Elevation podcast and this interview somehow just fell through the cracks. I could make up some elaborate story about how Dropbox failed to sync the file or my editor in the US took forever to edit it. But that would be bullshit.
I just forgot I hadn’t published it and for that I am sorry. Especially to Derek, who gave up almost an hour of his time to speak with me. I hope he forgives me.
I recently interviewed John O’Nolan from Ghost for the WP Elevation podcast who discovered I had this interview in the can and told me “stop being a dick and publish it.” So here it is. Thank you, John.
I hope you will agree, it has been worth the wait.
Rand Fishkin is best known as the CEO of Moz (formerly SEOMoz) the analytics marketing software used by thousands.
He is also an energetic entrepreneur and has a great story of building a company from scratch, the trials and traumas of raising capital and what it’s like to elevate up to CEO and loosen his grip on the day-to-day stuff. Continue reading
Adii Pienaar is an entrepreneur, husband and very new father; the combination of these roles resulting in an epic & challenging journey. Unlike the bio’s of most “serial” entrepreneurs, Adii is (as at the time of this going to press) a one-hit wonder with his role as co-founder of WooThemes. That status isn’t for a lack of trying either; it’s just that the other attempts lost more money than they made…
In this interview Adii talks openly and honestly about building the Woo brand, taking criticism, Richard Branson and wanting to be a cool kid.
For your chance to win a developer membership to the WooThemes theme club currently valued at over $700 Continue reading
Please watch the video. It explains everything.
WP Elevation is the world’s 1st business coaching program designed specifically to help WordPress consultants attract better clients, better projects and better fees.
If you build websites for clients using WordPress and you want to build an exceptional business, you’re in the right place.
The WP Elevation program covers six major areas of your business:
- Generating incoming leads
- Positioning yourself as the trusted expert
- Writing killer proposals that convert… and doing it fast
- Following up without seeming needy or pushy
- Delivering projects on time and on budget
- Creating referrals from your existing clients
What You Get As A WP Elevation Member
As a WP Elevation member, you get:
- access to the WP Elevation Blueprint: a business process you can install in your business that will help you know what to say and when to say it for maximum results out of your client relationships
- 1 x deep dive training webinar every month that covers one aspect of the WP Elevation blueprint – 60 minutes of training and 30 minutes of live Q&A
- 1 x coaching call every month to help you implement and get your questions answered – 10 minutes of training and 80 minutes of live Q&A
- access to the member’s only website with recordings of all the webinars and coaching calls, additional training videos, bonuses and all the templates and files you need to download, copy and paste and start implementing straight away – we have members making thousands more on their new proposals as a result of these resources – no BS – I’m happy to give you their names so you can email them and check
- a private member’s forum that is VERY active where all the members share knowledge, failures and successes and share templates and ideas with each other – I think this is the most valuable part of the whole program
- bonus access to any WP Elevation webinars we run throughotu the year with special guest. We sell tickets to these webinars and they are usually priced between $97 – $197. As a WP Elevation member, you get them for free
- prizes – that’s right, if you are active in the forums and you implement what you learn you could win 1-on-1 coaching with myself
This is NOT a course that you start and finish, it is ongoing mentoring and coaching to help you get better clients, better projects and better fees.
It’s $97 a month, you can cancel anytime and if you think it sucks within 60 days of joining I’ll give you a full refund. In fact I will insist on it.
If you are not already a member, join WP Elevation here.