What we do with your personally identifiable information
It is always up to you whether to disclose personally identifiable information to us, although if you elect not to do so, we reserve the right not to register you as a user or provide you with any products or services. “Personally identifiable information” means information that can be used to identify you as an individual, such as, for example:
- your name, company, email address, phone number, billing address, and shipping address
- your Video User Manuals Pty Ltd user ID and password
- credit card information
- any account-preference information you provide us
- your computer’s domain name and IP address, indicating where your computer is located on the Internet
- session data for your login session, so that our computer can ‘talk’ to yours while you are logged in
If you do provide personally identifiable information to us, either directly or through a reseller or other business partner, we will:
- not sell or rent it to a third party without your permission — although unless you opt out (see below), we may use your contact information to provide you with information we believe you need to know or may find useful, such as (for example) news about our services and products and modifications to the Terms of Service;
- take commercially reasonable precautions to protect the information from loss, misuse and unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration and destruction;
- not use or disclose the information except:
- as necessary to provide services or products you have ordered, such as (for example) by providing it to a carrier to deliver products you have ordered;
- in the aggregate with other information in such a way so that your identity cannot reasonably be determined (for example, statistical compilations);
- as required by law, for example, in response to a subpoena or search warrant;
- to outside auditors who have agreed to keep the information confidential;
- as necessary to enforce the Terms of Service;
- as necessary to protect the rights, safety, or property of Video User Manuals Pty Ltd, its users, or others; this may include (for example) exchanging information with other organizations for fraud protection and/or risk reduction.
We use Google conversion tracking and Google analytics to help improve our services.
If you have subscribed to one of our services, you may unsubscribe by following the instructions which are included in e-mail that you receive. You may be able to block cookies via your browser settings but this may prevent you from access to certain features of the website.
Cookies are small digital signature files that are stored by your web browser that allow your preferences to be recorded when visiting the website. Also they may be used to track your return visits to the website.
Google’s use of the DART cookie enables it to serve ads to visitors based on their visit to sites they visit on the Internet.
External data storage sites
We may store your data on servers provided by third party hosting vendors with whom we have contracted.
Your privacy responsibilities
To help protect your privacy, be sure:
- not to share your user ID or password with anyone else;
- to log off the Video User Manuals Pty Ltd Web site when you are finished;
- to take customary precautions to guard against “malware” (viruses, Trojan horses, bots, etc.), for example by installing and updating suitable anti-virus software.
Notice to European Union users
Video User Manuals Pty Ltd‘s operations are located in Australia. If you provide information to us, the information will be transferred out of the European Union (EU) to the United States. By providing personal information to us, you are consenting to its storage and use as described herein.