Finally, a comprehensive WordPress manual that you can give to your clients that provides them with a professionally produced manual on how to use their content management system through both videos and written tutorials.
- Tour & Features:
- Developer’s License
- What You Get For Your Subscription
- Simple Setup
- Automatically Updated
- Customization & Branding
- It’s A Manual For Your Clients
- WordPress SEO by Yoast & WooCommerce
- Complete List Of All Videos In Plugin
A developer’s license allows you to install the plugin on as many of your clients sites as you want*. As the aim of this plugin is to save you time, we decided to make things as simple as possible – hence the developer’s license.
*We do have a fair use policy which you should be aware of. For what it’s worth we’ve never had to bump anyone.
What You Get For Your Subscription
You pay for a monthly subscription for the WP Video User Manual plugin. The monthly subscription gives you a plugin which includes:
- Over 35 video tutorials in your choice of language or accent*
- An online written manual with over 100 pages and beautiful screenshots
- Updates with every stable release of WordPress so new features are automatically included
- Full customization and rebranding options so you can take all the credit
*Currently we support Australian, US and British Accents as well as Spanish, Italian and Portuguese.
Your subscription means that each time WordPress updates, we produce new videos to explain the latest functionality, and update the written user manual. The plugin determines which version of WordPress is running and displays the correct version of the manual. We support the following versions of WordPress:
- Version 2.8, 2.8.1, 2.8.2, 2.8.3, 2.8.4, 2.8.5, 2.8.6
- Version 2.9, 2.9.1, 2.9.2
- Version 3.0, 3.0.1, 3.0.2, 3.0.3, 3.0.4, 3.0.5
- Version 3.1, 3.1.1, 3.1.2, 3.1.3, 3.1.4
- Version 3.2, 3.2.1
- Version 3.3, 3.3.1, 3.3.2
- Version 3.4, 3.4.1, 3.4.2
- Version 3.5
We have tried to make this as simple as possible for you to set up. Once you’ve subscribed to the plugin, you will receive the plugin and a serial code. Simply install the plugin like any other WordPress plugin and paste your serial code into the activation screen and you are done!
If you want to customize the plugin, you can. For example, most developers usually have at least one piece of functionality that they either wrote themselves, or always use, such as a visual sitemap. Now you can make a generic video (you probably already have one), and then you can just paste the title and the url of your own video into the options page and your video will then display right along side ours in your clients dashboard. Simple and professional.
Each time WordPress updates, we produce a new set of videos to cover the new functionality and update the written manual. The plugin detects which version of WordPress you are using and then displays the correct version of the manual. For example when WordPress 2.9 was released we added the following videos:
- How to trash a post or page
- How to restore a post or page
- How to use the image editor
- How to rotate and flip images
- How to crop and scale images
- How to easily embed videos (the oEmbed feature)
We also made the following changes:
- Updated 25 videos to show the new WordPress theme
- Updated over 40 images in the written manual
- Added an extra 15 pages to the written manual
You do not need to do anything if you upgrade WordPress. The plugin will work out which version to display automatically.
If you update a clients website to a new version of WordPress, you do not need to update the plugin. If you want to you can draw your clients attention to the new functionality available in their website CMS, and the new video tutorials available to explain to them how to use them.
Customization & Branding
The plugin is fully brandable and customizable. If you want to replace our imagery with your own to give your client a better branded experience, then please do. This is how we use the plugin ourselves.
If you only offer certain pieces of functionality, like for example only using pages and not posts, then you can turn off individual videos or entires sections of videos in the options page.
Remember, It’s A Manual For Your Clients
The videos have been a professionally produced to communicate in a simple language that your clients will understand. So what might be obvious to you as a WordPress developer, will not be obvious to your client.
WordPress SEO by Yoast & WooCommerce
We listened to the feedback from our subscribers who said that adding these plugins were essential for providing proper training for their clients. For a full list of the these videos, please see below.
Complete List Of Videos In The Plugin
The following are three sample videos from the manual:
We recently introduced a new way of grouping the videos after listening to the feedback provided by our users. We really appreciate everyone who took the time to help us make a better plugin.
Please note this will vary depending on which version of WordPress you are using, and you have the ability to turn on and off any section.
- The Dashboard – This is a general overview of how your dashboard works.
- The Admin Bar – How the admin bar works.
Getting To Know The Editor
- The Toolbar – An overview of the different formatting icons inside the toolbar of a page or post.
- Paste From Word – How to paste content into your page or post from a word document to without have formatting issues.
- Add A Heading – How to add a heading to your page or post.
- Add A Paragraph – How to add a paragraph in your page or post using the kitchensink toolbar.
- Edit Text – How to edit or format the text contents of your page or post.
- Hyperlinks – How to add an internal or external link to your website (3.1 style!).
- Lists – How to make a list on your page or post, and the difference between ordered lists and un-ordered lists.
- Embed Video – How to embed an video directly to your page or post.
- Distraction-Free Writing – The new distraction free writing feature.
- Add Image From Media Library – How to add an image to your page or post.
- Add Image From Computer – How to add an image from your computer to a page or post.
- Add Image From URL – How to add an image to your page for post from another website.
- Delete Image- How to delete an image from your page or post.
- Edit Image – How to edit an image whilst your inside your page or post. This includes alignment, title and more.
- Replace Image – How to replace an existing image inside your page or post.
- Image Editor – How to use the image editor and how to start editing an image.
- Rotate and Flip Images – Overview of the editing icons and other functionality that will be useful in editing an image.
- Crop and Scale Images – How to crop an image using the image editor
- Featured Image – How to use the featured image.
- Add New Page – How to add a new page to your WordPress site.
- Trash A Page – How to remove a post or page. Temporarily remove the post and store them all to the trash bin.
- Restore A Page – How to restore a post or page after you have placed it in the trash.
- Media Library – The purpose of a Media Library, how it works and the important features.
- Add Media – How to add or upload a media file from your computer to WordPress media section
- Add New Post – This will teach you steps on how to add a new post to your WordPress site.
- Categories – Overview of the purpose of categories.
- Tags – The purpose of tags explained and how to make tags for each page or post.
- Trash A Post – How to remove a post or page. Temporarily remove the post and store them all to the trash bin.
- Restore A Post – How to restore a post or page after you have placed it in the trash.
- QuickPress – How to use QuickPress.
- Comments – Overview of the purpose of comments.
- Link Categories – How to group your links.
- Add Links – How to manage links from your website to other website.
- Edit Links – How to add and edit links on you page or post.
- Change Your Password – How to change your password.
- Add a page to a menu
- Move pages on a menu
- Add a custom link to a menu
WordPress SEO by Yoast
- Page Analysis
- Product Overview
- Add a product
- Simple Product
- Grouped Product
- External Product
- Variable Product
- Downloadable Product
- Product Categories
- Product Tags
- Shipping Classes
- Product Attributes